Tuesday 29 September 2009

Teachers and Friends

Just a quick word on today's writing activities.

Like I said yesterday, I worked on the teacher's chapter. It was a difficult one and I realised I had to alter some of the stuff that I had written yesterday. It wasn't realistic enough.

I was suprised to find some eerie but interesting overtones on the teachers ramblings... still don't know if I should make them clearer or simply leave them that way. Suffice to say that it reminded me a bit of what William Golding does on his sea trilogy. Insinuating rather than revealing and leaving words open to interpretation that depends more upon the reader rather than my personal intentions. This was definitely something that I had not planned but it does make a lot of sense. The clues are there, throughout the story. And that I'll perhaps reinforce from now on...

In any case I moved to a chapter where a friend of his, a girl, is confronted with the second birthday of his death. it's almost like, after his death, they grow closer and, to a certain extent, she starts replacing him.
Or him her.

(i'm really enjoying some of the things that are happening here...)

I managed to finish that one and the next. Which is with another girl that's having a somewhat disturbing dream. Disturbing on what happens but, especially on how that makes her feel.

Amidst all this I also read a graphic novel by Brad Meltzer (writer) and Ed Benes (penciller) called JLA The Tornado's Path. Also did the review for that which I will post in the GNRG community webpage at some point in the future... I enjoyed it somehow but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. It didn't really add anything to either the characters or storytelling. I guess I'm getting too old for covers with lots of people in super tights...
(there's the writing and then the revising... and I still need to finish another series first...)

I think all the chapters with his friends are going to have the theme of sex. And of mirrors when it concerns women. I won't venture any interpretations but there sure are a few out there.

The great thing about this is that at the same that i feel I'm closer than ever to this story, I'm finally beginning to feel more distance between myself and this story. It feels good. Somehow I'm getting there.

I'm on page 32. Still have 35 more before I finish this section. Don't know if I can do it tomorrow, even though I think there will be a chapter or two that I'm simply going to eliminate.
But I also have to more or less re-write a whole chapter. This guy just talks about politics and that's more or less out of the loop now...

Now it's sexuality my friends...

peace.

No comments: