Thursday 19 August 2010

Drifting Ideas

Lately I've been playing quite a bit of guitar and have even composed a few tracks. Nothing fancy - I can't be bothered to polish things to death - but honest!

Today I typed up a series of ideas that had been bobbing around in my head for a few days. Quite a few of them, as it turns out, for Batman.
I have a few files with just random ideas that I have in some of my favourite characters (those are the ones where ideas for stories come about...). I don't know if I'll ever write a Batman comic, or an X-Men, Wolverine, Hulk, Daredevil, Superman or whatnot but, if I ever do, I'll have stuff I can look up and quite possibly use. You see, I'm always aiming at stuff that is as atemporal as possible. Ie, I try that the plots are never technology dependent. More often than not, plots that are technology dependent simply bore me. As soon as I read them they become self-centred and dated.

In any case, I typed a couple of pages with synopsis and plots as well as some notes on the character and stuff I'd like to see Bats go through.

I also made some notes for the expansion of a short story I've posted here a while ago (Legacy) into a proper book.

Besides that, a couple more ideas for an post-apocalyptic story. I don't know where these will fit but, since I have quite a few post-apocalyptic scenarios thought out, I'm sure they'll fit in somewhere...

If possible today I'd like to at least write half of a review for Starman vol.02 Night And Day - which is as far as I've read so far. I'm just adoring this comic. And I want to write about it as much as possible since, if I ever do something in comics, it will be very similar to what James Robinson tried to do here. Not in terms of plot, story or characters, but perhaps quite similar in terms of inner truth, feeling of closeness and complicity with the reader. Similar in the objectives James had towards the story and the readership. Something that I'm finding increasingly important.
If you haven't read it my advice is that you do read it. Even if you don't like superheroes stuff. It is a boy's comic, in a way (it has lots of adventures and most characters are male) but it's so much more than that. And that's precisely what makes this book tick and awe.
Read it!

peace!

No comments: