Saturday 26 February 2011

The Black Dahlia

Is the title of the film I just saw. Brian De Palma directs, based on a James Elroy book, inspired on true events.

Not for everybody I should say. Dark, dark, dark.

If you like Hitchcock... then this is for you.

But if you don't... stay well away...

To be perfectly honest I don't even know what to say about this film. It's too early, too close to be able to. But I feel I've seen some of the most powerful moments contemporary film-making has created.
And this is a pun (somewhat) since so much of what is seen echoes "old school" cinema.

All I can say right now is that I have probably a dozen films that I really want to own (the truly, utterly, impossibly indispensable ones)
And this is one of them.

If only to learn about film-making you should see this film.

And it's a long dark ride.

As soon as I get my grips on "reality" once again I'll write some about it. I think this is going to be one of those films that is going to stick around for a while.

I just hope I won't have any bad dreams tonight.

Whenever I do fall asleep.

Peace...

No comments: