Tuesday 9 December 2008

A View Of The Mountain update

December is already rolling away fast and I'm simply trying to keep up!
I guess the more you do, the less time you've got to actually pay any attention to time itself... that's why we feel time is moving fast.
Perhaps time doesn't care if it's moving fast or slow. But we do. And our perception is always relative.

Always?

That's an interesting question and, thinking more about it would quite certainly take me to the fuzzy bordering regions between Buddhism and Hinduism.

(We are not the Dharma Initiative. We are not the Dharma Initiative. We are not th-)

(sorry... too much LOST viewing the last couple of weeks...)

Simply because the concepts of Buddhism and Hinduism are quite different. One defines the Void as the Absolute. The other, a god like presence that exists beyond this void...

I think it really is a question of words rather than of experience.

But various mystics have pointed out that enlightened beings seem to have access to a reality that isn't relative/observer dependent anymore...
Not food for thought, but more of subject matter to be experienced via spiritual practice.

Anyway...

This week I've been mostly writing...

(and yes, the Fast Show was one of the best british comedy show's ever!)

A VIEW OF THE MOUNTAIN
and
LAND OF FOG
I have kept to my commitment's...

The plan is to have readable first draft ready for the two scripts.
Don't really know about A VIEW OF THE MOUNTAIN since this script has been a journey in itself. But I'm confident that this will be the time of wordy deliverance!
I've got about 80-85% of all the panels. I just need to type up a few more pages. I'll probably end up with 200 pages of comics or something...
And that will mean a good revising.
In any case, as soon as all the sequences are ready I'll start assembling them with my famous cut and paste routine with scissors and tape.

It's the only way to do it...
(trust me, I know)

That will take me to a mock structure for the whole thing. Hopefully I'll be able to do the cut and pasting in just a day. Then it will be revising time. Which means reading the whole thing and figuring out what was left out, what isn't working, what is how, who is which, you know, etc...

With LAND OF FOG things seem to be going more slowly but with great determination!
I feel so relaxed about it that I'm not even too bothered editing it...

(the problems of over confidence...)

Actually I lost some good pages that I had revised.
You know, one of those things when the computer just decides to switch itself off...
But I found the file, managed to retrieve it and convert it, even gave it a new label and everything.

AND THEN ERASED IT WHEN I FORMATED MY COMPUTER A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO

This is how my brain works.
Can you see now why I have to write this stuff down?!
Even when I do, I forget!
(but if I didn't... god help us...)
I mean I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how I could save that file, etc, etc, searching for it, etc, etc, and then, after doing it, after doing everything right, I FORGOT TO SEND IT TO A DIFFERENT DRIVE
or simply save it on my pen drive.
BAM!
Lost.
And now, definitely nowhere to be found.
Lesson learned.
(hopefully... please work brain, please! I'm begging me here!)
This probably means, in our Great Cosmic Plan, that that revision wasn't that good.

I'm quite sure of it.

Maybe...

Peace

No comments: