Tuesday 14 October 2008

Comics Script - Words, Lost and Found

I have a pen drive.
It's a good idea.
So people tell me.
But every so often it gets a bit mad and the things i save on one place don't actually show up on the next. That's what happened with my fully revised version of IN THE WILD. It's been a week (mostly off from work - yay!) and I still haven't printed the thing... I don't even know where the more up to date version is anymore...

At some point last tuesday I did get home and wrote a bit more on LAND OF FOG. I think I have most of it now. But I still need to revise it and tighten it up more and, probably add a few scenes. It's still patchy...

On wednesday I was back at A VIEW OF THE MOUNTAIN, finishing reading the de-development theory paper. And, amazingly enough, I didn't add any more scenes to the thing...
Also revised PARALLEL LIVES.
(I was at home so I had some free time)

On thursday I typed up some more on the WEIR-D MACHINE (stronger content than I recalled...), printed out LAND OF FOG (that I still haven't read) and failed to print the alterations in IN THE WILD...

Friday I had the day off but spent it going around London. First did a session with a friend, then went back to the house, got some food, went into central london to the myanmar embassy to get the paperwork for my tourist visa. Then off to Foyle's at Charing Cross to get some books for my little cousins, back home, some more food and off to Paul's for another roleplaying Cthulhu session.
(great as always!)
By the time I got home I know I still wrote a bit
I just don't remember on what...
Probably that ML thing.
I simply know that one of these nights I stayed up late writing titles of books and short stories by this writer. And I ended up writing a stream of poems (about 8 or 10).

As it turns out on saturday I wrote some more. And also on sunday and yesterday.
Actually yesterday I decided that what I'm probably going to do for my NaNoWriMo project is to edit ML'S unauthorised biography. In this way i get to use up all the titles I want and have a project where I get to be as weird and inconsequent as I wish.

On sunday I started writing panel descriptions for A VIEW OF THE MOUNTAIN and that was precisely what I did yesterday. For about 8 or 10 hours. I don't know. I lost count. More than 150 panels. That's all I can say. I was running out of angles, I'm telling you... but the story is definitely coming together. I realised I probably need a couple more scenes to better set the stage for the story. The Prince is becoming increasingly important and I think I came up with a couple of interesting page layouts, camera movements and scene transitions. Also did a sketch for the castle's central body. I had the image in my head but then drawing it it became clear that there were a few problems.
So I worked them out.

On sunday it was also my little cousin Mia's birthday so I spent the afternoon with her, Sophia and Lydia and their parents, David and Lisa. And Lisa's mum!
We went to the London Eye, then got on a boat to Greenwich, then went to Greenwhich market, had some pizza and back home. Simple and fun!
(and the girls loved the books I got them. lots of Jacqueline Wilson, one Garth Nix, one Salman Rushdie, one Benjamin Zephaniah and, most notably, Neil Gaiman's latest - The Graveyard Book. Which, at Foyle's, I simply couldn't put down. Didn't know if it was the right choice for Lydia or not but... I guess it was, 'cause she started reading it right there in Pizza Express!)

Also had a few more ideas for the ML biography (which, at this point I'm planning on calling Mortimer Lansky: Many Lives, Multiple Deaths - or a version of this)

Today I'm planning on typing all those panels up. Quick and simple.
Just don't know what I'll do when I get home... probably some more panels... might as well get it over with as soon as possible! It would be great if I could have A VIEW OF THE MOUNTAIN semi-finished before NaNoWriMo starts...

Peace

No comments: