Monday 14 June 2010

Land Of Fog Revision

Hey there!

Well, I'm back from holiday (and I didn't do much while I was away... that I must admit...) and I'm back on good old revising...

I'm on page 30 (A4, single spaced...) of my manuscript and I already have 57 pages of notes... (longhand)

I've been thinking about the structure a bit and I do think I'm going to go for a less obvious one than the chronological. I think this will enable me to start with greater momentum and create more drama.

The book takes place throughout 13 days and I'm on the evening of day five. I'm expecting things to go a bit easier from now on, not only because I've gained some momentum but also because I've managed to sort out some of the slower/plot-holes in the story.

There are still two extra chapters that i have to write but I'll do those after I've revised the whole body of text. These two chapters need to introduce clues and hints to things that will happen in this book and on the following two so... I want to be as ready as possible for that to happen.

The revision has been going slowly but steadily. I think that it's probably quite difficult to have a "fast" first revision. This is where all the big things surface and it has always meant major re-writing for me so... I guess this is as good as it gets!

At least for now!

peace.

No comments: