Sunday 31 October 2010

Integral Replies and the Difficulties of Meditation

Friday was a more compressed day than I'd wished... sometimes you're just carrying a good momentum and... well, you just wanna keep at it, ain't it?!

Here's the schedule:
9-10, 1h Meditation
10-11, 1h Food + Emails
11-12, 1h Blog posts
12-14, 2h Reply to Ken Wilber's The Meaning Of Enlightenment Part I: Past, Present and Future
14-00, 10h Work
00-01, 1h Wandering Mind blog post. Is Meditation Difficult?

This a good day even if I didn't have that much time for writing as much as I wished. Particularly I did manage to write out most of the stuff I wanted to say about Ken Wilber's video. The stuff he has to say is quite interesting but, from my perspective, also substantially incorrect.
And I think the reason for that stems simply from a fact he himself mentions, that he is a Pandit, a theoretical teacher rather than a guru, one who practices. This is why he gets so caught up in the ideas, the reasons, the logic, the reasoning, the intellectual debate. It is very refreshing to hear him but I fear people might take it as being the truth, which it isn't, not by a long shot, on a practical way. My attempt is to correct that as best I can - albeit it being from a theoretical point of view also...

Because it concerns so directly with meditation I will post this on the Wandering Mind, Wondering Soul blog.

On my way from work I had this idea for another post for this blog and so that's what I did when I arrived home...

And then it was time for sleep...

Peace!

No comments: