Friday 2 October 2009

Two girls, a gravedigger and someone that knows the dead better than the living...

I arrived home later than I expected but eager to get my mittens on those pages...

I didn't do that many pages (only 7) but i still manage to re-write 3 chapters.

The first one was about two friends that chat in Bairro Alto about decisions and the unwillingness of the past to go away.

The second one is about an old lady that spends more time with the dead than with the living. Obviously a chat with a gravedigger is more or less in order...

The third one is about the gravedigger himself, as he fills yet another grave, taking pride in his work - even if the living don't care anymore.

These are short chapters (especially the last two) but I think all of them round up the story more by giving the reader a clearer picture of the characters. I want a feeling of completeness to exude from this book. I think it is important and makes sense in the broader scope i'm aiming this book towards.

Before all this however, I read Grant Morrison's and Klaus Janson's Batman: Gothic.

I think I read it many years ago, when i was 16 or 17, quite possibly in a Brazilian edition bought in Portugal. I remembered the story only vaguely but enough to know that this had been one of those comics that had shifted my perspective about them.
Even after all this time, it was still a very powerful journey.
I wrote a review about it as well. Also to be posted in the near future...

Tomorrow may well be another long day at work but I'm determined to sink my teeth in another chapter or two as soon as I get home...

Until then...

peace

No comments: