Wednesday 3 November 2010

Big Days Coming

The last few days have been quite busy with the whole NaNoWriMo thingamajig and my planned schedules have more or less been thrown out the window - even though I'm still keeping track of what I'm doing...

Sunday 31st
09-10, 1h - Meditation
10-11, 1h - Food
11-12, 1h - Blog posts
12-14, 2h - Guitar
14-16, 2h - The Great Temple
16-19, 3h - Tracks recording
19-20, 1h - Food
20-21, 1h - The Great Temple
21-00, 3h - FILM You Can't Take It With You
00-01, 1h - NaNoWriMo Hate Bearers
01-2.30, 1.5h - NaNoWriMo tidying up
2.30-3, 0.5h - Meditation

Sunday was pretty much a full day and I did spend a lot of time playing guitar and recording a few tracks - it was one of those days...
But I did finish the idea I'd had for a story for the Great Temple. The funny thing was that the firts tale in that story was supposed to be the short one and the second one the longest one. Turns out it was the other way around... They still need work but I think that they're an enjoyable read.

After midnight I started writing some things for my sci-fi spoof, The Hate Bearers. Two intergalactic mercenaries come to planet Earth to settle an old score. And even before they arrive they're already making trouble for the rest of us...
This one is going to be a patchwork of crazy, often impossible, situations. I don't really know where I'm going with it for the most part. I only know how it ends... the bits in the middle, and even the beginning - I keep writing a new beginnings with different scenes... - is a bit hazy...

After I'd writen a mighty 300 words... I spent quite a bit of time going through old paperwork and notes for ideas trying to scrounge up all the notes about the three projects I'd like to resolve this month...

And then I meditated. Of course my head was pretty much in the clouds but, there you have it...

One last thing, Frank Capra's You Can't Take It With You is an incredible film! I think it's from 1938 and it's so true to the American spirit that I don't think it could be made today...

I'll leave you with that one!

Peace!

No comments: