Saturday 7 March 2009

Empire Growth - A View Of The Mountain

Been doing panels for a scene I was working on yesterday.

Sometimes you spend quite a lot of time trying to figure out how you're to do this in order to fit that when it's just easier to re-do the whole thing rather than trying to use bits and pieces.

That's what I'm doing now. Instead of cutting and pasting I just created something new visually that I'm hoping will reflect in part what the script is about.

I don't even remember where the original scene takes place, but this one is going to be inside the throne room.
The whole debate (and ongoing theme during the comic) rotates around the lasting implications of war in a feudalized society (of which we are still an example - though in disguised form).
The objective is to establish some tension between some characters and introduce some themes that will be explored with more detail further on...
hinting at stuff amid the verbal storm...

I'm still on page 43 of the script, though... but it's cool. I've re-written this whole scene and I think it's flowing much better than before.

Now I just need to figure out if the next ones fit well into the story...

peace.

No comments: