Monday 26 April 2010

AVATAR

Since there is no muse around to bear this lightness inside of me, the world then, unto which I release.

My heart is full.

Not just my eyes, my mind, my senses

My heart.

It's hard to say what this film now means to me.
So I won't say it.
I'll say only that this immense feeling of love, of gratitude and of connection came over me many times. In fact it swelled and it took me with it.

I'll say instead what it made me think of.
More than the wrongs, the rights.
It made me think how all of us, inside that room, inside that film, all of us who have shared this experience, we all tend to pick the side of life, the side of communion, the side unto which we are transformed into throughout this film.
And we can resonate deeply and movingly with these things because we recognise them. Even if we are seeing and consciously experiencing them for the first time.
They are in us and, intuitively, we have always known this.
Because we have always been this.
This is our home. This is where we dwell.
With this deep sense of communion, with this positive resonance, it is easy to let ourselves go, to lose sight of who we are and where and when we are. There is no I, there is only the experience at hand, and the utmost immersion in it.
This cannot happen with a negative resonance. With this we feel being sucked into something. We put up barriers, we try to dissociate from the experience. We become overly conscious in it, so much so that the experience itself might be obliterated simply by this feeling.

This is the best that drama can offer us. Becoming an engine to propel us further and higher and deeper and wider into our own truth. Which is shared. Which is everyone's.
That's what we're looking for.
That's what we are.
And to reclaim it, we simply need to reclaim nature.
Our nature.
Our being.

No comments: